The reason why I snuck in an extra half-episode was from catching sight of the thumbnail for Day for Knight and spotting Ken Kercheval doing a guest spot, and I owed it to myself to watch his scenes and make a connection back to Dallas. It's funny to think about all of the guest spots I must have seen on TV as a kid, many certainly featuring someone of note from shows before my time who I just thought was some random actor.
As I'll be turning 52 at the end of August 2026, I'll be spending the 52 weeks leading up to that moment by celebrating popular, acclaimed, and personally beloved movies, music, books, TV shows, games, food, or events from each year of my life. The plan is to move through one year each week - but I know enough about these kinds of projects to expect to be flexible. By the way: I live in Canada, just so you have a sense of what kinds of entertainment I've been surrounded by.
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
1998 in TV: ER takes back the number one spot
I'm not sure what made me pick Exodus out of the list of ER episodes from this year, as the show recaptured the most-watched honours, but I'm glad I did. I know I've only watched 5.5 episodes of the show (explanation of the .5 episode to come) so the sample size is small, but this is far and away my favourite. A disaster movie in a hospital? With Eva Mendes? And Mickey Rooney? And a kid stuck in an elevator with minutes to live? And Alex Kingston causing a cave-in?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2004 in movies: grumpy trolls and grumpy old men rule
As a self-described savvy market overseer might say, Shrek sure was edgy, current, and hip. That Starbucks joke was funny then, back when ...
-
I've never watched an episode of CSI and I'll attribute that to two things, one of which is functional and one is kind of inexplic...
-
The first and only other time I've read this book, best seller in 2003, was only a couple of years after it came out. It was recommended...
-
2003 in video games: another weird arcade game, more Pokémon and SimCity, and Mario Kart has its dayIf you've been following along with my arcade posts, then you know the story from these early 2000s: Street Fighter, and other games l...
No comments:
Post a Comment