Monday, November 10, 2025

1983: Chicken McNuggets don't hold up, Nerds rock on


I forgot to take a picture before they were gone. 

It has been a long time since I've eaten Chicken McNuggets - even longer than since I've had a McChicken - and they were ... terrifically average. I used to love these things; I thought they were so tasty! As I downed a 10-pack with my fam as a late night snack, though, I found them bland.

Maybe they've changed. 

Maybe I've changed.

Maybe we've both changed


. 

Nerds, however, will live forever. I wish I'd been able to find the orange flavour, because that was the tippity-top of flavour experience.

I've never stopped enjoying these in all their variations - the big box of Nerds, the Jumbo Nerds, the Big Chewy Nerds, and the Nerd Rope which was the forerunner to the greatest candy invention in my lifetime: Nerds Gummy Clusters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2004 in movies: grumpy trolls and grumpy old men rule

  As a self-described savvy market overseer might say, Shrek sure was edgy, current, and hip. That Starbucks joke was funny then, back when ...