I got to see some of the continuing drama of Susan and her sister's baby, and I could see myself checking back on this show when I'm all done here. Mind you, it still has to take a number behind Dallas, and I won't pretend that a 15 season run isn't a little daunting.
As I'll be turning 52 at the end of August 2026, I'll be spending the 52 weeks leading up to that moment by celebrating popular, acclaimed, and personally beloved movies, music, books, TV shows, games, food, or events from each year of my life. The plan is to move through one year each week - but I know enough about these kinds of projects to expect to be flexible. By the way: I live in Canada, just so you have a sense of what kinds of entertainment I've been surrounded by.
Monday, February 16, 2026
1996: ER stays on top of the TV ratings
For the second year running, ER is the most-watched show on TV and it is really cooking. I continued my run of picking episodes with intriguing directors:
Match Game - directed by Thomas Schlamme, who I would later know quite well from Sports Night and The West Wing;
Take These Broken Wings - directed by Anthony Edwards, which I just thought was cool;
Homeless for the Holidays - directed by Davis Guggenheim, whose later claim to fame would be for directing This Might Get Loud and An Inconvenient Truth, but I'm now seeing tons of TV credits which makes more sense than the feature-length documentaries.
It was the supporting cast that kept things really fun, though, with plenty of familiar and soon-to-be familiar faces like Marg Helgenberger, Kirsten Dunst, and Jake Lloyd (presumably on the very cusp of auditioning for Anakin Skywalker).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2004 in movies: grumpy trolls and grumpy old men rule
As a self-described savvy market overseer might say, Shrek sure was edgy, current, and hip. That Starbucks joke was funny then, back when ...
-
I've never watched an episode of CSI and I'll attribute that to two things, one of which is functional and one is kind of inexplic...
-
The first and only other time I've read this book, best seller in 2003, was only a couple of years after it came out. It was recommended...
-
2003 in video games: another weird arcade game, more Pokémon and SimCity, and Mario Kart has its dayIf you've been following along with my arcade posts, then you know the story from these early 2000s: Street Fighter, and other games l...
No comments:
Post a Comment