Tuesday, March 3, 2026

2001 in TV: Friends claims the top spot

 

As Friends wrapped up its seventh season and rolled into its eighth, it topped the ratings for the first and only time in its ten seasons, presumably fuelled by both the finale and premiere featuring Monica and Chandler's wedding.

Although I didn't watch the show on live TV much after the first season, I did eventually catch up on the whole thing on DVD. I felt then, as I did in this re-watch of these episodes, that this gang was getting a bit old to be caught up in the high school-ish shenanigans of who likes whom and oh-my-gosh-she's-pregnant-but-who's-the-father?


No comments:

Post a Comment

2004 in movies: grumpy trolls and grumpy old men rule

  As a self-described savvy market overseer might say, Shrek sure was edgy, current, and hip. That Starbucks joke was funny then, back when ...